The Cave Hill School of Business/ the University of the West Indies (CHSB/UWI), will be hosting its Leadership Conference on October 9th and 10th under the theme: “Leading in a Changing World: Disruptive Forces and Strategies to Capitalise on Them”.
This event begins on October 9th with an international simultaneous broadcast featuring Leadership expert, best-selling author and coach John C Maxwell; best-selling author and Founder and President of The Table Group Mr. Patrick Lencioni; Certified Personal and Executive Coach and best-selling author Ms. Valorie Burton and Chief Operating Officer of Microsoft Mr. Kevin Turner (special video interview).
This Conference is designed to equip senior level managers from across the Caribbean, with highly practical tools and techniques that can help them to be effective in managing their organizations now and in the future. To accomplish this, the two-day event will bring together participants from across the Caribbean who will hear the experiences and insights of business leaders, economists and political leaders who will share information on the disruptive forces facing organizations, prospects for the future and the responses that managers need to be successful in organization now and in the future.
Participants will have the opportunity to:
- Hear from international best-selling authors and experts
- Interact with regional political and economic experts
- Gather information that can inform business strategy for the next 12-18 months
- Discuss and hear insights from leaders across Caribbean public and private sector organizations.
CONFERENCE THEMES AND TOPIC AREAS
For this conference sessions fall into four themes or tracks and the general areas to be covered under each are outlined below:
International Perspectives on Leadership
- Live2Lead Simulcast featuring:
o Intentional Living - John C Maxwell
o The Untapped Advantage of Organizational Health - Patrick Lencioni
o Resilient and Ready: How to Thrive Through Challenge and Change - Valorie Burton
o Leadership Lessons - Kevin Turner, COO – Microsoft
Regional Insight on Leading in Challenging Times
- Leading in Challenging Times
- Why Transformation Efforts Succeed – What Leaders Need to Know
- When Leadership Cultures Clash – Lessons from The Alexandra School Stand-Off
Disruptive Forces and Strategy
- Emerging Disruptive Forces: The Impact on Organizational Strategy
Growth and Competitiveness
- Growth and Competitiveness in the Caribbean - Prospects for the Future
- Leveraging Knowledge in the Caribbean – Key to Empowerment
LOCATION, TIME & DATE
The Leadership Conference will take place at the CHSB Conference Facility on October 9th, 2015.
BDS$450.00/US$225.00 per person. Special discounted rates are available for groups of three or more, early registration and graduates of the Cave Hill School of Business. This fee is payable by the identified deadline in order to receive the required discount.