The Academic Department of the Sagicor Cave Hill School of Business Management Inc. is responsible for planning and scheduling programmes at both the under-graduate and graduate levels. We offer programmes that can accelerate individual progress and increase the value that employees stake to their organizations in whatever field they work. In addition, these programmes help professionals move beyond individual achievement, toward an effective team driven business attitude. From functional skills to cross-functional responsibilities,our tutelage leads to an even greater capacity for change, growth, and leadership.
We invite you to take your next step with us, and enjoy your achievements and successes by choosing one of our programmes.
Executive Diploma in Management (EDM)
Focusing significantly on developing your individual ability, these programmes provide an introduction to key aspects of General Management, Human Resource Management, and Public Sector Management in an environment where participants can learn from the experiences of both academics and industry practitioners. The primary objective of the EDM programme is to provide participants with the knowledge and skills that can be readily applied to their daily activities to enhance the effectiveness on the job. It is also designed to ensure that you are able to expand your management capacity by helping you to:
- Develop a broad foundation of skills and knowledge across the major business disciplines
- Demonstrate analytical and evaluative skills to aid in management decision making
- Gain a complex understanding of the integrative nature of business
- Appreciate the strategic perspective of the organization
- Develop a critical appreciation of your personal development.
- Increase your performance as well as that of others.
- Develop a greater understanding of and appreciation for the Caribbean business environment.
Executive Masters in Business Administration
The Executive Master’s in Business Administration (EMBA) offered by the Sagicor Cave Hill School of Business and Management is a 2 year, highly participative and intense programme. It is intended for experienced executives who have the determination and focus to succeed and who want to maximise their development opportunities.
This programme gives participants the opportunity to explore the latest management thinking, acquire knowledge and skills in all areas of general management, and gain insight into specialist areas through a wide-ranging portfolio of courses.
The programme places a strong emphasis on group learning, teamwork and skill development to equip its graduates with the competencies to meet the challenges of business in today’s ever changing environment. Within each class, participants have the opportunity to share experiences with a peer group of the highest caliber, whose diversity and maturity add to the programme’s distinctive edge and who provide each other with a valuable network throughout the region.
The programme is designed to:
- Provide participants with the required tools for strategic thinking and decision-making.
- Offer participants the knowledge and skill-set necessary for them to manage their organisations’ operations for productivity and performance.
- Strengthen communication skills through the utilisation of presentations and written projects.
- Integrate the theoretical and practical aspects of business through case analyses and projects.
- Provide participants with opportunities for networking and the exchange of diverse business ideas and experiences among themselves.
- Expose participants to the value of Information Communication Technologies (ICT) in a learning environment.