The Sagicor Cave Hill School of Business and Management Inc. offers an Executive Diploma in Procurement Management that caters exclusively to professionals in the field. This programme focuses on a highly specialised field that is the backbone of organizations and governments across the globe.
This programme translates years of on-the-job experience into the foundation of a formal qualification that provides leverage for a structured, upwardly mobile career path in procurement in both the public and private sectors. It is also part of the Regional movement to raise the profile of purchasing agencies from being a ‘back office’ clerical function to a sharp business intelligence tool in the procurement profession. By building commercial capability in this way, it creates for the Commonwealth Caribbean, a reliable supply of personnel with strong knowledge of the entire procurement cycle and contract
This is a virtual learning programme with live, interactive sessions. Some sessions will also be offered in an asynchronous format. Each of the seven courses runs for twelve weeks.
Additionally, our EDM provides a platform for acceleration into the Sagicor Cave Hill School of Business (SCHSBM) MBA programme, where successful completion of the EDM increases the probability of meeting the entry requirements for the MBA programmes.
List of courses to be completed:
- Organisataional Behaviour and Management
- Quantitative Methods for Decision Making
- Fundamentals of Procurement Management Practices I -Public Sector
- Fundamentals of Procurement II – Private Sector
- Introduction to Ethics in Procurement
- Introduction to Dispute Settlement in Procurement
- Introduction to Logistics and Supply Chain Management
An applicant must have either:
1. A UWI Certificate in Business Administration or Public Administration , A two-year diploma from a UWI recognised institution in a related field, 5 CXCs (or O’levels) and a minimum of 2 years junior to middle level management experience;
2. An Associate Degree from a UWI recognised institution and a minimum of two years junior to middle level management experience;
3. At least 5 CXCs (or O’levels) and a minimum of four years middle to senior level management experience.
Complete the online application process via the Undergraduate Admissions page on the University’s website: www.cavehill.uwi.edu/admissions/undergraduate.aspx.
Submit the following certified documents to Student Affairs – Admission: email@example.com
- Birth Certificate;
- Academic Certificates;
- Marriage Certificate/Change of Name Certificate;
- Up-to-date CV/Resume; and
- Receipt for the Application fee of BDS$30 or US$15 (to be paid to the Campus Bursary).
Original documents are to be certified by a Notary Public or a University of the West Indies authorised official.
Official transcripts should be sent directly to Students Affairs – Admissions, The University of the West Indies, Cave Hill Campus from the issuing university.
Payable to The Cave Hill School of Business as:
- a one-time payment at the beginning of the programme
- in installments according to the payment schedule; or
- a customised payment plan