About the Programme
World demands continue to grow, for professionals who understand business in a global context, from organisational development and transformation, to logistics and cross-border investments. As the global market continues to be increasingly competitive, it is crucial that future senior managers possess strong global insight and an extensive managerial toolkit. These skills are becoming increasingly valuable to employers who are faced with the unique challenge of operating globally and achieving consistency in a diverse workforce.
Our International Master’s in Business Administration (IMBA) is a 2-year programme designed to develop the business leaders of tomorrow. The programme features the academic rigour and meticulous training of a Master’s in Business Administration (MBA), with a stronger focus on global business cultures and practices. This combination gives business professionals a solid foundation in international leadership and adds an edge to their career prospects. Thus, participants gain more of a global perspective which is also key to a successful career in international entrepreneurship.
Our facilitators bring to the fore, a holistic knowledge about business organisations in a complex environment. The curriculum synthesizes the best of both professional and liberal education and is structured to allow participants to acquire competence in Spanish as a foreign language.
The programme places a strong emphasis on group and individual learning, teamwork and skill development to prepare graduates for dynamic careers and leadership positions in large or small organisations throughout the world. Our interaction with the business community ranges from pragmatic research to management, leadership, marketing and transformation training and consulting with business. This strengthens the programme by providing current and high-quality research regarding changes in business, management, industry and organisations on an ongoing basis, which is channelled into the virtual learning environment.
The programme is designed to:
• Allow participants to build strong managerial skills, widen their professional network and
deepen their cultural knowledge.
• Provide participants with the opportunity to gain insight, knowledge and confidence in
achieving their career goals.
• Develop professionals with crucial analytical, research and communication skills through work on projects with fellow participants and individual original research.
The IMBA programme can be completed in 24 months of full-time study. Candidates have a maximum of 48 months to complete all programme requirements.
Participants are required to complete 14 core courses, 3 electives from a range of available electives and a practicum. Upon successful completion of the programme, participants gain
insight into the way in which various aspects of management are practised throughout the world, and are equipped with the professional skills required for the global business environment.
• Team building and Business Communication Workshop
• Spanish for Business Purposes I
• Quantitative Business Analysis
• Organisational Development and Transformation
• Financial Management and Accounting
• Marketing Management (Domestic and International)
• International Business
• Economics for International Business
• Strategic Human Resource Management
• Spanish for Business Purposes II
• Operations Management
• International Managerial Finance
• Information Systems Management
• Multi-national Strategic Management
Participants must choose three (3) of the following:
• Joint Ventures and Other Intercorporate Linkages
• Small Business and Entrepreneurship
• Project Management Framework
• Negotiating Skills
• International Services Marketing
• Tourism Planning and Policy Analysis for Sustainable Development
• Project Financing and Risk Management
• New Venture Capital and Management in a Globalised Environment
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
Career Opportunities include:
- Chief Executive Officer
- Global Business Consultant
- Public Affairs Consultant
- Marketing Executive
- International Investment Analyst
All entry requirements for the IMBA can be found here Admissions & Fees