About the Programme
World demands continue to grow, for professionals who understand business in a global context, from organisational development and transformation, to logistics and cross-border investments. As the global market continues to be increasingly competitive, it is crucial that future senior managers possess strong global insight and an extensive managerial toolkit. These skills are becoming increasingly valuable to employers who are faced with the unique challenge of operating globally and achieving consistency in a diverse workforce.
Our International Master’s in Business Administration (IMBA) is a 2-year programme designed to develop the business leaders of tomorrow. The programme features the academic rigour and meticulous training of a Master’s in Business Administration (MBA), with a stronger focus on global business cultures and practices. This combination gives business professionals a solid foundation in international leadership and adds an edge to their career prospects. Thus, participants gain more of a global perspective which is also key to a successful career in international entrepreneurship.
Our facilitators bring to the fore, a holistic knowledge about business organisations in a complex environment. The curriculum synthesizes the best of both professional and liberal education and is structured to allow participants to acquire competence in Spanish as a foreign language.
The programme places a strong emphasis on group and individual learning, teamwork and skill development to prepare graduates for dynamic careers and leadership positions in large or small organisations throughout the world. Our interaction with the business community ranges from pragmatic research to management, leadership, marketing and transformation training and consulting with business. This strengthens the programme by providing current and high-quality research regarding changes in business, management, industry and organisations on an ongoing basis, which is channelled into the virtual learning environment.
The programme is designed to:
• Allow participants to build strong managerial skills, widen their professional network and
deepen their cultural knowledge.
• Provide participants with the opportunity to gain insight, knowledge and confidence in
achieving their career goals.
• Develop professionals with crucial analytical, research and communication skills through work on projects with fellow participants and individual original research.
The IMBA programme can be completed in 24 months of full-time study. Candidates have a maximum of 48 months to complete all programme requirements.
Programme Delivery Modality
- Fully online
Participants are required to complete 14 core courses, 3 electives from a range of available electives and a practicum. Upon successful completion of the programme, participants gain
insight into the way in which various aspects of management are practised throughout the world, and are equipped with the professional skills required for the global business environment.
• Team building and Business Communication Workshop
• Spanish for Business Purposes I
• Quantitative Business Analysis
• Organisational Development and Transformation
• Financial Management and Accounting
• Marketing Management (Domestic and International)
• International Business
• Economics for International Business
• Strategic Human Resource Management
• Spanish for Business Purposes II
• Operations Management
• International Managerial Finance
• Information Systems Management
• Multi-national Strategic Management
Participants must choose three (3) of the following:
• Joint Ventures and Other Intercorporate Linkages
• Small Business and Entrepreneurship
• Project Management Framework
• Negotiating Skills
• International Services Marketing
• Tourism Planning and Policy Analysis for Sustainable Development
• Project Financing and Risk Management
• New Venture Capital and Management in a Globalised Environment
Career Opportunities include:
- Chief Executive Officer
- Global Business Consultant
- Public Affairs Consultant
- Marketing Executive
- International Investment Analyst
Interested candidates must have:
1. Degree Applicants:
a. A bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a UWI-recognised university with at least Second Class Honours
Students with Pass degrees will be considered if:
• They have at least three (3) years managerial experience and
• They are successful at an interview conducted by a selected panel determined by
b. Two (2) letters of reference.
2. Non-Degree Applicants
• Technical certificates or diplomas that can be assessed by SCHSBM and
• At least five (5) years managerial experience in the appropriate sector
• They are successful at an interview conducted by a selected panel determined by the SCHSBM.
• Two acceptable letters of reference
3. Graduates of the SCHSBM Executive Diploma in Management (EDM) programme.
*Application fee of BDS$30.00 or USD$15.00 (to be paid to the Campus Bursary)
Complete the online application process via the Graduate Admissions page on the University’s website: https://www.cavehill.uwi.edu/gradstudies/apply-now/apply-now-home.aspx
Submit the following certified documents to Student Affairs – Admission: email@example.com
- Application Processing Fee (BDS $30 for applicants from contributing countries OR US $30 for applicants from a non-contributing countries)
- Birth Certificate (certified or notarized copy)
- Curriculum Vitae (2 copies)
- Two (2) Referee reports (PDF)
- Professional Certificates/Diplomas
- Marriage Certificate (where applicable) (certified or notarised copy)
- Legal Affidavit or deed poll if your present name is different from that on the Birth Certificate (certified or notarised copy)
Required from ALL non-UWI graduates:
Tertiary Level Transcript- sent directly from the granting University to the Senior Assistant Registrar, Office of Graduate Studies and Research.
Note that a student copy of your transcript will not be accepted.
Original documents are to be certified by a Notary Public or a University of the West Indies authorised official.
Official transcripts should be sent directly to Students Affairs – Admissions, The University of the West Indies, Cave Hill Campus from the issuing university.
$15,000.00 USD or $30,000.00 BDS
Payable to The Cave Hill School of Business as:
1. a one-time payment at the beginning of the programme
2. in installments according to the payment schedule; or
3. a customised payment plan
Click the links below for programme details