About the Programme
The LLM-EMBA Double Degree provides the combination of advanced legal education and advanced business administration education leading to two graduate qualifications. It is aimed at legal practitioners, business-persons, academics, and students of law or business seeking higher qualifications.
Via eLearning technology, LLM-EMBA Double Degree allows graduate legal and business education to take place at the Cave Hill, Mona and St Augustine Campuses, as well as regionally and globally.
The LLM-EMBA Double Degree fulfils the mission of the University of the West Indies by advancing legal and business administration education and creating knowledge through excellence in teaching, intellectual leadership and outreach, and serves The UWI’s vision by providing innovative, internationally competitive legal and business administration education specifically rooted in the Caribbean.
By allowing for broad study of Caribbean corporate and commercial law and business practices, the LLM-EMBA Double Degree programme makes legal education more relevant to the business and trade environments, and to the practice of law.
The LLM-EMBA programme can be completed in 24 months of full-time study. Candidates have a maximum of 48 months to complete all programme requirements.
Programme Delivery Modality
- Fully online
You Will Master:
- the laws of banking, insurance, Caribbean business and international business/trade.
- the legal and economic factors impacting the competitiveness of businesses, industries, and societies operating in the global economy.
- the best practices and regulations for running successful local and regional businesses
- the contemporary strategies for carrying products and services to international markets, negotiating international contracts and facilitating foreign trade.
Career opportunities include:
- Law Lecturer
- Chief Executive Officer
- Legal Analyst
- Business Consultant
Candidates seeking this double degree must possess a law degree or a UWI approved legal practice.
Complete the online application process via the Graduate Admissions page on the University’s website: https://www.cavehill.uwi.edu/gradstudies/apply-now/apply-now-home.aspx
Submit the following certified documents to Student Affairs – Admission: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application Processing Fee (BDS $30 for applicants from contributing countries OR US $30 for applicants from a non-contributing countries)
- Birth Certificate (certified or notarized copy)
- Curriculum Vitae (2 copies)
- Two (2) Referee reports (PDF)
- Professional Certificates/Diplomas
- Marriage Certificate (where applicable) (certified or notarised copy)
- Legal Affidavit or deed poll if your present name is different from that on the Birth Certificate (certified or notarised copy)
Required from ALL non-UWI graduates:
Tertiary Level Transcript- sent directly from the granting University to the Senior Assistant Registrar, Office of Graduate Studies and Research.
Note that a student copy of your transcript will not be accepted.
Original documents are to be certified by a Notary Public or a University of the West Indies authorised official.
Official transcripts should be sent directly to Students Affairs – Admissions, The University of the West Indies, Cave Hill Campus from the issuing university.
$20,000.00 USD or $40,000.00 BDS
Payable to The Cave Hill School of Business as:
1. a one-time payment at the beginning of the programme
2. in installments according to the payment schedule; or
3. a customised payment plan
Click the links below for programme details.