About the Programme
The Sagicor Cave Hill School of Business and Management Inc. in a strategic response to the demands of the International Business Sector is offering a programme to develop a pool of qualified Tax Planners and Wealth Managers. The programme in Barbados and the Eastern Caribbean integrates international perspectives with the specifics of the Caribbean context, extends the breadth and depth of management education while engaging participants in intensive and participative class seminars and projects, requiring both conceptual and practical thinking.
This programme can be completed on line in 12 months of full-time study or 24 months of part-time study. The maximum time a student has to complete the programme is 4 years.
Students are required to gain 42 credits through successful completion of 12 compulsory courses (3
credits each), 3 not-for credit special skills workshops and a practicum or a research paper (6 credits).
The practicum/ research report component is undertaken after the courses are completed.
List of Courses
- Accounting for Managerial Decision Making
- Corporate Finance
- Principles of Tax Planning
- Corporate Tax Planning & Management
- Equity & Fixed Income Securities
- Alternative Investments
- Quantitative Methods for Management
- Multi-Jurisdictional Tax Planning & Management
- Corporate Restructuring
- Research Methods for Business and Social Sciences
- Research Paper OR · Practicum
- Bloomberg 1
- Bloomberg 2
- Corporate Communications
Students select 1 of the following:
- Legal & Ethical Environment of Wealth Management
- Risk Management of Financial Institution
Career Opportunities include:
- Financial Advisor
- Corporate Investment Banker
- Financial/Investment Analyst
- Financial Manager
- Corporate Tax Manager