About the Programme
The Sagicor Cave Hill School of Business and Management Inc. in a strategic response to the demands of the International Business Sector is offering a programme to develop a pool of qualified Tax Planners and Wealth Managers. The programme in Barbados and the Eastern Caribbean integrates international perspectives with the specifics of the Caribbean context, extends the breadth and depth of management education while engaging participants in intensive and participative class seminars and projects, requiring both conceptual and practical thinking.
This programme can be completed on line in 12 months of full-time study or 24 months of part-time study. The maximum time a student has to complete the programme is 4 years.
Programme Delivery Modality
- Fully online
Students are required to gain 42 credits through successful completion of 12 compulsory courses (3
credits each), 3 not-for credit special skills workshops and a practicum or a research paper (6 credits).
The practicum/ research report component is undertaken after the courses are completed.
List of Courses
- Accounting for Managerial Decision Making
- Corporate Finance
- Principles of Tax Planning
- Corporate Tax Planning & Management
- Equity & Fixed Income Securities
- Alternative Investments
- Quantitative Methods for Management
- Multi-Jurisdictional Tax Planning & Management
- Corporate Restructuring
- Research Methods for Business and Social Sciences
- Research Paper OR · Practicum
- Bloomberg 1
- Bloomberg 2
- Corporate Communications
Students select 1 of the following:
- Legal & Ethical Environment of Wealth Management
- Risk Management of Financial Institution
Career Opportunities include:
- Financial Advisor
- Corporate Investment Banker
- Financial/Investment Analyst
- Financial Manager
- Corporate Tax Manager
Interested Candidates must have:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a UWI-recognised university with at least Second Class Honours
Students with Pass degrees will be considered if:
- They have at least three years managerial experience and
- They are successful at interview conducted by a selected panel determined by the SCHSBM.
- Two letters of reference.
- Technical certificates or diplomas that can be assessed by SCHSBM and
- At least 5 years managerial experience in the appropriate sector
- They are successful at an interview conducted by a selected panel determined by the SCHSBM.
Complete the online application process via the Graduate Admissions page on the University’s website: https://www.cavehill.uwi.edu/gradstudies/apply-now/apply-now-home.aspx
Submit the following certified documents to Student Affairs – Admission: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application Processing Fee (BDS $30 for applicants from contributing countries OR US $30 for applicants from a non-contributing countries)
- Birth Certificate (certified or notarized copy)
- Curriculum Vitae (2 copies)
- Two (2) Referee reports (PDF)
- Professional Certificates/Diplomas
- Marriage Certificate (where applicable) (certified or notarised copy)
- Legal Affidavit or deed poll if your present name is different from that on the Birth Certificate (certified or notarised copy)
Required from ALL non-UWI graduates:
Tertiary Level Transcript- sent directly from the granting University to the Senior Assistant Registrar, Office of Graduate Studies and Research.
Note that a student copy of your transcript will not be accepted.
Original documents are to be certified by a Notary Public or a University of the West Indies authorised official.
Official transcripts should be sent directly to Students Affairs – Admissions, The University of the West Indies, Cave Hill Campus from the issuing university.
Payments can be made as:
- a one-time payment at the beginning of the programme
- in installments according to the payment schedule; or
- a customised payment plan
Programme Fee and University Registration fees are subject to change.
Students enrolled in this self-financed programme are billed for the courses for which they register each semester. University fees are additional to the programme fees and are billed every semester until the degree has been awarded.
Click the links below for programme details
Dr. Donley Carrington