About the Programme
The MSc. Labour and Employment Relations degree is geared towards shaping the workplace of the future. Sagicor Cave Hill School of Business and Management Inc. has specifically designed this programme to build upon and advance the participants’ knowledge and practical experience. It examines the relations between management and workers and offers strategic responses which can inform and lend positive support to public or private sector decision making systems, with regard to national, regional and international forces which impact or have implications for employment policy, industrial/labour relations and labour legislation.
The MSc. Labour and Employment Relations can be competed in 12 months of full-time study. Candidates have a maximum of 24 months to complete all programme requirements.
Programme Delivery Modality
- Fully online
Students are required to gain 39 credits through successful completion of 8 compulsory courses (3 credits each), 2 elective courses, and a practicum or a research paper (9 credits). All courses are taught through our online platform.
- HRNM 6109 Compensation Management
- LAER 6000 Labour History
- LAER 6001 Employment Relations in a Global Environment
- LAER 6002 Caribbean and International Labour Law
- LAER 6003 Collective Bargaining and Disputes Resolution
- LAER 6007 Occupational Safety, Health and the Environment
- LAER 6008 Labour Economics
- MGMT 6901 Research Methods For Business and Social Sciences
- LAER 6900 Research Paper OR
- LAER 6990 Practicum
Career opportunities include:
- Human Resources Manager/Director
- Trade Union Official
- Labour Relations Manager
- Executive Director
- Labour Relations Specialist/Officer
Interested Candidates must have:
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with at least Second Class Honours
- Prior work experience
- Two letters of reference/recommendation
Complete the online application process via the Graduate Admissions page on the University’s website: https://www.cavehill.uwi.edu/gradstudies/apply-now/apply-now-home.aspx
Submit the following certified documents to Student Affairs – Admission: email@example.com
- Application Processing Fee (BDS $30 for applicants from contributing countries OR US $30 for applicants from a non-contributing countries)
- Birth Certificate (certified or notarized copy)
- Curriculum Vitae (2 copies)
- Two (2) Referee reports (PDF)
- Professional Certificates/Diplomas
- Marriage Certificate (where applicable) (certified or notarised copy)
- Legal Affidavit or deed poll if your present name is different from that on the Birth Certificate (certified or notarised copy)
Required from ALL non-UWI graduates:
Tertiary Level Transcript- sent directly from the granting University to the Senior Assistant Registrar, Office of Graduate Studies and Research.
Note that a student copy of your transcript will not be accepted.
Original documents are to be certified by a Notary Public or a University of the West Indies authorised official.
Official transcripts should be sent directly to Students Affairs – Admissions, The University of the West Indies, Cave Hill Campus from the issuing university.
Payments can be made as:
- a one-time payment at the beginning of the programme
- in installments according to the payment schedule; or
- a customised payment plan
Click the links below for programme details
Mr. Damien Small
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com