The Executive Diploma in Project Management (EDM-PM) is designed to meet the needs of today’s busy people who want to refine and upgrade their skills in managing their organisations’ resources and projects.
Whether you are in the not-for-profit or public sector (government, health care, etc.) or the private sector, whether you are already in management or planning to move into that area, the EDM-PM offers you a practical framework for developing the skills and qualities essential to becoming an effective project manager.
The programme focuses significantly on developing your individual ability. It provides an introduction to key aspects of project management and an environment in which you can learn from the experiences of both academics and managers from other organisations.
Your employer will also gain direct benefits. Not only does the EDM-PM equip you with effective and applicable management skills but also, it encourages you to view your organisation as more than the sum of its parts. You also learn the importance of using this broader vision in formulating effective management decisions.
Ultimately, you will leave the programme with the knowledge to become a more effective manager and with the ability to turn that knowledge into a competitive advantage for you and your organisation.
The Diploma in Management is a recognized qualification in its own right which has been instrumental in the career advancement of many of our graduates. Additionally, it provides a platform for further learning in particular for the CHSB/UWI MBA programmes. When you have successfully completed this programme, it can be used to meet part of the entry requirements for the MBA programmes.
To ensure that you take the necessary steps towards improving your information technology management capability, this programme is designed to ensure that you are able to:
- Develop a broad foundation of project management skills and knowledge across the major business disciplines
- Demonstrate analytical and evaluative skills to aid in management decision making
- Gain a complex understanding of the integrative nature of business and project management in particular
- Appreciate the strategic perspectives of your organisation
Develop a critical appreciation of your personal development
- Increase your own performance as well as that of others.
- Develop a greater understanding of and appreciation for the Caribbean Business environment
- Organisational Behaviour and Management
- Quantitative Methods for Decision Making
- Project Management Framework
- Project Feasibility Analysis
- Project Planning & Implementation
- Managing Projects in IT Framework
- Preparing Project Planning Documents