EDM-PSM is one of three streams of the Executive Diploma in Management programmes offered by SCHSBM. The 18-month comprehensive management development programme is designed to harness each participant’s potential as a public sector manager and to develop their effectiveness in this role. Through the courses undertaken participants develop an integrative, action-oriented understanding of the local governing body as a whole and learn to master the relevant tools and methods for strategic management.
- The overall goal of the programme therefore is to: contribute towards enhancing the capacity of the public service to perform at consistently high levels,
- to meet the expectations of the nation’s people in matters pertaining to good governance
Presently the programme covers the following critical areas of the management for the public services:
- Organisational Behaviour and Management,
- Fundamentals of Public Sector Accounting,
- Human Resource Management,
- Managing Technology,
- Caribbean Business Environment,
- Contemporary Issues in Public Sector Reform,
- Business Policy & Strategy.
All entry requirements for the Executive Diploma in Public Sector Management can be found here: Admissions & Fees