The UWI Cave Hill currently offers a range of services and programmes aimed at developing and supporting entrepreneurs and Micro, Small and Medium Sized Enterprises (MSMEs). The Caribbean Micro Small Medium Enterprise Centre (CMSMEC) was established by the Cave Hill School of Business and Management to further consolidate and enhance the role of the Cave Hill Campus in the strengthening and support of Caribbean business, creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship.
The CMSMEC targets entrepreneurs and Micro, Small and Medium Sized Enterprises (MSMEs) in Barbados, Belize, Guyana and the Eastern Caribbean. The activities of the CMSMEC include:
- Support for individuals with entrepreneurial ambitions;
- Hands-on training for un-employed persons seeking to start their own businesses ;
- The provision of Advisory Services to Micro-Enterprises seeking to transition to Small-Enterprises;
- Assisting with the transition of Small Enterprises seeking to become Medium-Sized Enterprises that may lead to further growth opportunities for Medium-Sized Enterprises;
- A Hot Desk Facility for MSMEs in partnership with the Barbados Industrial Development Corporation;
- Three annual Management Clinics providing free advisory services to MSMEs (face to face and online);
- The Lean Launchpad to propel entrepreneurs from idea to successful enterprise; and
- The Student Entrepreneurial Empowerment Development (SEED) Small Business Development Centre.
CMSMEC Co-ordinator: Mrs. Ayanna Young-Marshall
Tel: (246) 424-7731