Enterprise Risk Management for Caribbean Public Sector Executives and Senior Managers focuses on strengthening the risk intelligence quotient (RIQ) of decision makers in the public sector through Enterprise Risk Management. It provides an effective tool which aids in operating in this new environment and to make more integrated risk-based decisions, supported by documented rationale developed through a structured process. An important part of this course will be for senior public sector officials to become enablers of an effective risk culture at their institutions.
This Executive Education and Development Course blends lecture, discussion, and hands-on exercises to educate participants about Risk Management methodology. You will leave prepared to be an active participant in the existing and or the implementation of a Risk Management Framework in their organisation.
On successful completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Conduct risk identification and risk assessments.
- Explain the differences between a risk, a hazard, a problem, and an issue.
- Discuss how various risk standards may apply to their organisation.
- Assess new developments in technology risk and operations risk.
- Discuss the importance of risk psychology in modern day risk management.
- Identify those risk that can affect the achievement of objectives of their organisation.
- Develop agile and resilient risk mitigation concepts to ensure good risk governance.
- Use the risk management skills acquired to enhance the risk culture of their organisation.
- Manipulate existing processes to enhance service delivery and protect existing public resources.
- Compare the differences between new emerging risks and deliberately emerging risks.
Topics To Be Covered:
- Risk management implementation: Standards, laws, regulations, policies
- Risk Governance: The role of the Board and Executive leadership
- Identifying, measuring and managing risk
- Enhancing risk culture: Attitude, behaviour and mind-set
- Aligning risk with organisational mandates and objectives
- Derisking Public Policy
- Risk Communications and Policy Making
- A practical approach to implementing risk management processes
- Linking mandates to performance: Developing Key Risk Indicators for dashboard monitoring
- Emerging risk and Horizon Scanning
- The Convergence/divergence of risk management and Internal Audit
Who Should Attend
- General Managers/Chief Executive Officers
- Chief Operating Officers
- Audit Managers
- Senior Executives
- Compliance Officers
- Risk Analysts
- Permanent Secretaries
Click Here to read about our Guest Speaker Dr. Karen Hardy
At a Glance
May 25th – May 26th 2022
Face to Face
Sagicor Cave Hill School of Business and Management
Early Bird: $1,500.00 USD (until 25th April)
Regular: $1,900.00 USD
View course schedule
Contact Us Today