The Sagicor Cave Hill School of Business and Management Inc. offers an Executive Diploma in Marketing and Sales that is designed to provide the knowledge and skills that every professional needs to be successful. Whether in the field or not, the art of selling and marketing is an important tool in the kit of every successful manager.
Entrance to the programme is open to employees in a corporation or non-profit organization, and to entrepreneurs in a brick and mortar or an internet-based business. Participants learn about management functions, the fundamentals of marketing and sales, ethical boundaries in marketing
research, predicting consumer behavior and the technologies used in executing sales and marketing functions.
This is a virtual learning programme with live and interactive sessions. There will also be some sessions offered in an asynchronous format. Each of the seven courses runs for twelve weeks.
The world wide web, computers and other smart devices have revolutionized consumer behaviour and psychology. It is important that marketing and sales personnel engage, listen and keep abreast of these changes in consumer attitudes and market driving power by ensuring that they understand, develop and maintain a competitive advantage by adapting the fundamental principles of marketing to the 21st century. Social networking has created virtual communities and movements where the buyer has greater influence in the type of goods and services that appear on the market. The mass markets of yesteryear have splintered into smaller market segments or niches and a programme such as this also assists businesses that have a physical presence to transition or create a high visibility presence online as well as adopt a multicultural persona that is attractive to online buyers.
Additionally, our EDM provides a platform for acceleration into the Sagicor Cave Hill School of Business (SCHSBM) MBA programme, where successful completion of the EDM increases the probability of meeting the entry requirements for the MBA programmes.
List of courses to be completed:
- Organisataional Behaviour and Management
- Quantitative Methods for Decision Making
- Fundamentals of Marketing
- Marketing Research
- Electronic Marketing
- Professional Sales
An applicant must have either:
1. A UWI Certificate in Business Administration or Public Administration , A two-year diploma from a UWI recognised institution in a related field, 5 CXCs (or O’levels) and a minimum of 2 years junior to middle level management experience;
2. An Associate Degree from a UWI recognised institution and a minimum of two years junior to middle level management experience;
3. At least 5 CXCs (or O’levels) and a minimum of four years middle to senior level management experience.
Complete the online application process via the Undergraduate Admissions page on the University’s website: www.cavehill.uwi.edu/admissions/undergraduate.aspx.
Submit the following certified documents to Student Affairs – Admission: email@example.com
- Birth Certificate;
- Academic Certificates;
- Marriage Certificate/Change of Name Certificate;
- Up-to-date CV/Resume; and
- Receipt for the Application fee of BDS$30 or US$15 (to be paid to the Campus Bursary).
Original documents are to be certified by a Notary Public or a University of the West Indies authorised official.
Official transcripts should be sent directly to Students Affairs – Admissions, The University of the West Indies, Cave Hill Campus from the issuing university.
Payable to The Cave Hill School of Business as:
- a one-time payment at the beginning of the programme
- in installments according to the payment schedule; or
- a customised payment plan
Click the links below for programme details
Ms. Wanda Monrose
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com